Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Small tempting Dim Sum!

Hello! I'm back :D
This is mid test week, but don't think about it! Just think about food and leisure.. hahahaha
Okay, just talk about this post.. 

Since I'm chinese Indonesian, I really love chinese food.. It's kindda normal, isn't it? My mom mostly cook chinese food and my family mostly eat chinese cuisine in chinese restaurant.. haha.. All about chinese food.. From that all kind of chinese food there's one kind that I love, dim sum!


DIM SUM (source google.com)

What is dim sum? 
Dim Sum refers to a style of  Chinese food  prepared as small bite-sized or individual portions of food traditionally served in small steamer baskets or on small plate. Dim sum is also well known for the unique way it is served in some restaurants, where in fully cooked and ready-to-serve dim sum dishes are carted around the restaurant for customers to choose their orders while seated at their tables. Eating dim sum at a restaurant is usually known in Cantonese as going to "drink tea" 
(yum cha飲茶), as tea is typically served with dim sum. (source : wikipedia.com)

In Jakarta, I could hardly find some chinese restaurants that serve delicious dim sum, and of course affordable.. One of them is Sun City (LTC-Glodok).. It has a luxurious interior, the price is not really expensive because we got 30% discount by
using some credit cards which have promotions here.. Hehehe.. Here some pictures
that I captured when eating them..


Char Shiew Bao (steamed)



Baked Char Shiew Bao


Xiao Long Bao with red wine + black vinegar sauce



Lo Mai Gai 
This is what we got inside Lo Mai Gai :D


Shrimp Tofu Skin Roll


Har Gao


Shu Mai


Most of them shaped small, something that wrapped with another thing --> dumplings.. Since it's brought from some place in China, they often use either lard or pork inside each of these dumplings.. That's why I feel really hard to find the delicious (and affordable) one in Indonesia since the majority of Indonesian people don't eat all thing about pork.. But don't be afraid, we still can find the "halal" one in many restaurants.. :))

There are many of them that forgotten to be photographed (phoenix claws, taro dumplings, turnip cake, etc) because I ate them first then I realized that I haven't captured them.. Hahaha.. Greedy me..

I think that's all for this post.. See you on the next post! :D

Photo taken by : me
Using Samsung Galaxy SII