Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Something from Turkey

I just recalling what I and my family have done last year.. Then I found out something fun..
My parents went to the biggest city in Turkey.. Yup Istanbul!
It's a free trip, kind of reward for them as they give a great effort for the business, and they get some cash too.. Eventhough me & my bro can't came along, we still feel happy since there will be something that bought for us.. And as I say, my parents bought so many things (most of them are snacks :9)

From all kind of snakcs that bought for us, I was very excited to try this :


YES!! THAT'S TURKISH LAYS!!
Indonesia has LAYS too, but I guess it's gonna taste different..
And..... It taste really different from Indonesian LAYS!
It's salty but not taste like too much MSG.. It taste really natural, just slightly salty.. :)

Then my dad give me & my bro some chocolate snacks.. FYI, my dad really really love chocolate.. He could eat so many of them in the same time.. Me, myself don't really like these snacks because they're too sweet and make me wanna throw up..

it looks tempting huh?

Another snacks that my parents bought are biscuits.. I found it really delicious.. love it <3


Then, my mom bought some almonds and other kind of nuts.. Many people said that turkish nuts are really delicious so there are many people bought them to be given to their relations as a gift from Turkey..




Actually, my mom also bought many other kind of snacks such as Turkish Delight, which is taste too sweet and it's hurting my teeth. I forgot to take a pict of them, so I download an actual pict of them.. 

Turkish delight. Source : www.google.com

Based on wikipedia description, Turkish delight or Lokum is a family of confections based on a gel of strach and sugar. premium varieties consist largely of chopped hazelnuts, dates, pistachios, and any other kind of nuts. It may taste delicious for people who really love sweet food.. But not me! :D

My parents also shared how's life there.. I thought Turkey is safe enough or at least more secure than Indonesia, but then I found it same like Indonesia. My mom said that there's even more dangerous than Indonesia. Well, before my parents went there, I've searched some info about it, and I found many article that talking about crime in Turkey, but I don't really take them seriously until I heard my mom's story.. When they are free and have time to go around the hotel, there's one of my dad's friend was fooled by local people that sells wine.. Then when my parents wanna go somewhere by tour's bus and trapped in a traffic jam, they saw a (looks like) normal young man pretend to be a beggar and torn away a bride's wedding gown just because she don't want to give him money.. 

Then I realized, that I must be grateful for this country conditions, because there are many other more dangerous country in this world.. :'(


Photo taken by : me & google.com
Using Samsung Galaxy S II

No comments:

Post a Comment